Lots of family and friends know that we have talked for a few years now about possibly adopting a child from China at some point. Among other holdups right now is the fact that both parents have to be 30 just to submit any paperwork to begin the process. That said, I am always keenly interested in ways that we can help Chinese children and in organizations that provide Gospel love to the millions of orphans found there. Today, I came across a new organization so I thought I'd post a link to the website and encourage people to check it out. In a nutshell, the organization is called "Bring Me Hope" and it is made up of christians who provide a type of summer camp for Chinese orphans. You can learn more about it by clicking here or visiting www.bringmehope.org. There are lots of opportunities to give money, sponsor a child or even be a camp volunteer for a week or two.
Also, as a follow-up to my rants about the Chinese government during the Olympics, I was thrilled to hear that despite being displaced during the Olympics (in order to house Chinese soldiers for security), the camp still continued their activities--albeit in neighboring towns. They were even able to take kids to see the games-and had a number of Olympic athletes volunteer time with the children. To top it off? The camp even received press coverage from NBC! Just when I thought the media was all liberal propaganda--the Lord reminds me that He is at work everywhere and in everything!
Finally, as a disclaimer, I have not "vetted" this organization, so please do your own research to find out all the details about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment