Monday, December 28, 2009

And the Party

There is so much to catch up on. I"ll start with our family party for Emma. This year more than last, I realized how difficult (and special) it is for Emma's birthday to be so close to Christmas. At times, it felt like a "warm up" for baby Jesus' birthday, but of course I want it to be special for her, independent of Christmas. So this year, we opted for a family party...Elmo themed of course. I think Emma had a good time--she definitely mastered the art of opening presents, which made Christmas Eve and Christmas morning go pretty quickly (all things considered).

Of course I would have loved to make Emma's cake, but let's be realistic people.  Publix has good cakes, for reasonable prices (especially when you have a $4/off coupon) and it is the middle of the holiday season.   Here is the "Elmo" theme Emma requested and I picked out.



And of course it would have been fun to "make" our own Elmo decorations...but have y'all heard? Party City sells them!!



Regardless of the lack of "homemade" Elmo accoutrement, Emma blew out her candles just the same.



And licked icing off Elmo.



And opened presents from our generous families.  May I present Abby Emma Cadabby!



All we need now is some rain. (Please note the tutu again...)



Go Grease Lightening. 


And the bouncy house.  It took care of all that cake and icing sugar in no time.


Please notice again, the tutu.  I believe it is Emma's favorite.


Emma ended her day talking on the phone.  Although we're not sure who she was talking to, she was really into the conversation.


Thanks to our wonderful families for taking time from their hectic holiday schedules to spend with us. And thanks for all the calls, emails and texts wishing Emma a Happy Birthday. I think she has started the two-year old world in style and with lots of love!!

Now, please excuse me, as we are finishing day 1 of intense potty training and I believe the timer is about to signal another forced potty sitting.  Christmas updates will be coming soon!

1 comment:

Kitty Brown said...

I've had to come to grips with store-bought myself -- we will live to tell about it, trust me! Love that little tutu!