Sunday, June 13, 2010

Yes Abigail, There Are Fussy Babies


We're still here. Lurking in the shadows of what I hope will soon settle into normal.  It's been a different experience so far--diagnosing infant reflux, sleepless nights and other measures of desperation, including sleeping on the floor next to the swing since it was the only place Robert seemed calm.  I never quite knew what an easy baby Emma was until now!

But, one prescription of baby Zantac and a formula change to the creme de la creme (and budget buster): Nutramigen, and week 3 is finally showing signs of improvement!!  I confess, I would have more pictures of Robert, but until the past two days, he really wouldn't be quiet long enough to cooperate (unless of course, he was laying on my chest, making photography a bit, er, difficult).

Emma is still adjusting, but really doing well.  I can't imagine how hard it must be for a 2 year old to understand it takes Mommy over an hour sometimes to feed the baby!  But most of the time, she's excited--and expressive.




We've enjoyed lots of visits from family, including my Dad and stepmother.  They brought Robert Emma the toy below (Dad plays with oversized Tonka Toys at work...).  Please note, it is a Backhoe.  Emma is nothing if not well rounded in her Princess T-shirt, tutu, hard hat, and manning the controls of construction equipment.


Believe it or not, I'm working on a post about the birth story--more for my memory than your entertainment. But I'm hoping to post it soon.   Until then, I'll try to keep the camera a little closer, and the Zantac flowing.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey Abigail - You don't know me but I'm an old friend of Jason's. I actually know him through his cousin Ashley. Anyway, I was just reading your blog and I totally understand what you're going through! My little boy had terrible reflux and we, too were on Nutramigen. Clayton was put on Prevacid because the Zantac wasn't strong enough. But I wanted to tell you about the Nap Nanny, in case you haven't heard about it. It. Is. A. LIFESAVER!! They are a little pricey but worth every single penny. It is basically a foam carseat that they sleep in. Clayton slept in that from about 8 weeks up until 9 months old. It helped so much with the reflux!! Buy Buy Baby now carries them but I found mine on Ebay for a little cheaper. Just wanted to pass on that information! Hope you (and Robert) start getting a little more sleep! Congrats! Both of your children are precious!

Catherine said...

I think E's outfit is great. That's what I'm wearing to BarBri tomorrow.

Kitty Brown said...

Glad to hear you're actually still alive. We were wondering. Zantac is quite the wonderdrug, no doubt about it. Love you guys.