Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hello Out There

So, I wouldn't say blogging is a "regular" activity around here lately, huh?  Oh well.  There are certainly more important things to do these days--like loving on my family--a preschooler who is 3 going-on-13, a full fledged toddler--tantrums and all--and the new bundle we're still waiting on to arrive.  Not to mention there has been the fun of the last few weeks of summer.  Trips to the splash pad, the McWane center, the zoo, you know, the usuals.


But, before I forget (and since I'll probably want to remember it), we got to hang out with my family at lake martin in early August--courtesy of Granddaddy and Meemaw.  It was hard to believe it was the first time my brothers, my dad and I have been all together in 6 years!  Needless to say, we had some new additions (my kids) and some grown up additions (Brooks' kids).

First up--a family pic.  Never would have guessed that E would be the uncooperative one.


And, the big group shot.


And for the first time--all the Roberts together. Things only got slightly confusing...


And did you notice blah blah in all the pictures??? If I had that great photoshop software, I would have an arrow labeling it--but it is the sock monkey Robert carries with him EVERYWHERE.  I'm not even attempting to fight that battle until after No. 3 is here and sleeping through the night (please, please Lord??).  Surely R won't take him to college...


And because I am a lover of all things ironic, here is the bedroom where J and I slept.  I think Jason pinched himself after the first night to make sure he was still alive.

Fast forward a few weeks (or a month, but who's counting) and it was time for Emma to start Preschool. Hard to believe huh????  Such a monmentous occassion meant it was time for me to dust off my sewing machine. And when this Chi O found this fabric here, how could I resist?


And so our little hoot was all ready for school.

Official with her bag, lunch box and all.


Actually, there wasn't any apprehension or nerves at all that morning.  Instead, she looked like she'd just bought a Toyota.  And honestly, I wouldn't complain about a swagger wagon these days myself--but I digress...


 And wasn't Robert kind to swing for a few minutes before saying good-bye?


They crack me up.


So what was Robert up to while sister was away??


Turns out Robert is now tall enough to reach the first shelf in the pantry.  And after cleaning up, and cleaning up some more, here's what I have on tap for some of my new found "free" time.  Because everyone needs some new clothes for fall/winter--especially my dear son who is outgrowing things like a weed!


Ok, was that enough for one post??  Hopefully I'll be back sooner rather than later!

TTFN



3 comments:

Callie and Wilson Nash said...

First of all, PRECIOUS family pic. And second of all, precious outfit for Emma! I so wish I could sew so I could make cute things like that.

Allison said...

ditto ---- Love the outfit!!!

Kitty Brown said...

Hooray for the new post! I'm beyond thrilled that you're back in the blogging world. DITTO for the growing weeds - good grief!