Saturday, October 1, 2011

First Haircut

It was time.  Probably past time.  But nonetheless, Emma and I made it to the salon today for a quick trim.  Admittedly it was a spur of the moment decision to go today.  I had been contemplating it for a while, and I have NO idea why it was such a big deal to me.  There is really so little I'm very sentimental about, but Emma's hair might be my weak spot.  (A bit Samson-esque perhaps?)  But somehow, it was nice to avoid the buildup that an appointment one week in advance would hold.  So away we went.

In the car I tried not to take Emma's book choice as an editorial of her feelings about our activity.


But once we got there, she seemed really excited.  I told her about the chair that moved up and down and of course that it wouldn't hurt at all.  Mrs. Shaun who cut her hair did fantastic too!


WOW.  Hard to believe how long it is!



She kept up some smiles during the process.  Emma sat super still and obeyed really well.  She really enjoyed making up stories about the penguins on the cape.  She is a HOOT.  She also indulged a mom who needed to document the entire event.

All finished and all smiles!  Again, just a trim, but I do fear the curls are on their way out. Maybe not for a little while though--we're trying to keep them as long as we can.


Overall, Emma was so well behaved and really enjoyed the experience. I believe she will relish being pampered...as every princess should!!  

No comments: