Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Keeping it Real

I think the most common question I answer since deciding to stay home with Emma is "what do you do all day?"  Well, in the name of transparency, I'll show you what I haven't been doing this week.  I've been sewing for Emma (trying to crank out some fall ensembles), which means I've pretty much done nothing else.  One morning it hit me. I stopped immediately and took pictures of my house--EXACTLY how it was.  I didn't move a thing.  So, to answer all those questions of what I do all day, I'm USUALLY picking up and cleaning this... but not this week.


Above is our back den/playroom.  Please note:
 (1) the Graduation '02 blanket that we sometimes use for "indoor picnics," and 
 (2) the overflowing storage bin of newspapers at the bottom left corner that I can't seem to carry 30 feet to the street on recycle day.


"Bebe" had a rough ride this day.



It might be hard to see, but that is an actual "tumbleweed" of dog hair on my floor.  If only it was the only one.


Clearly, there is hardly room for family dinners.

And what guest would feel welcome in this tornado of a guest room?


My one semi-saving grace, right? Except notice the laundry basket beside the couch? Normally it wouldn't bother me since we do lots of laundry around here, but it sat in that same spot, untouched for 3 days.

So call the press, report me if you will--but yes, I have one heck of a MESSY house.  And even as I'm posting, I'm finding myself wondering--what is it that I do all day long?  Well, I gotta go make a run for some more bonbons.  We're fresh out.  TOOTLES.

2 comments:

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

love it! my house looks the same way. i mean come on, we have to prioritize: 1. sew 2. go to the zoo 3. take a nap 4. play outside 5.clean the house!!

Abigail Avery said...

Agreed!!!