Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Someone Set a Timer

this bun doesn't seem like it's going to be done anytime soon!  But he's already one step ahead:


Some dear family and friends have been asking for a pregnancy update--as well as some pictures.  So, how cool that I got this one for you?  Pretty neat huh? No need for a 4D ultrasound here.

As for the details, I'm 36 weeks today and feeling good.  Visited the Dr. this morning where I won my second "Worst Cervix of the Day Award" for this pregnancy.  Despite desperately wanting to be able to have a successful VBAC,  I am not progressing.  At all.  Of course, this can change, but as the dear Doc. put it: it ain't Vegas odds here.

So that leaves me reeling a bit.  I mean seriously--all I want (besides a healthy baby of course) is to avoid the operating room.  Is that too much to ask?  Why in the WORLD have I been carrying around these hips for the past 30 years if they are going to fail me now!?!?!?! I am considering changing the words in Emma's copy of "The Little Engine That Could" to read, "The Little Cervix That Delivered" and reading it with Emma every night before bedtime.  A kind of visualization therapy.   That's not traumatizing to a two year old, right?

In all seriousness, we continue to be thankful to the Lord for this wonderful blessing, and no matter how No. 2 enters the world, we will be thrilled to meet him and grateful to our heavenly Father.  What an amazing reminder and blessing to experience the Lord's continued creation.

So, there you have it. Consider yourself updated.  More on the Emminator and nursery progress later.

Disclaimer:  Ok.  That's not me (or No. 2) in the above picture.  I'm not to a place yet where any pictures of me feel OK.  I'll get there. Give the hormones a break.

5 comments:

The Burgess Family said...

I really wanted a VBAC as well with Ann Wilson, but after 17 hours of labor it clearly wasn't happening. But let me say that it was easier to recover from the c-section second go round. I guess maybe cause you're more distracted cause you already have one child, but it wasn't that bad!

Deb said...

You are so stinkin' funny! Bummer on the cervix stuff. Maybe next week there will be a change. I'm routing for you!!! Look at the two Cate girls being the first to chime in on your comments page. We must love you the most. :)

Abigail Avery said...

Yes--definitely feeling the Cate love! Sarah, I can't believe you were in labor for 17 hours!!! So glad recovery after Ann Wilson was easier though! Thanks for the encouragement and reminder everything will be fine. And Deb--I hope you're feeling well. It won't be long before Mr. Tripp gets here! I'll definitely keep everyone posted on my "cervix progress"...it's a thriller! :) Y'all are the best and make me hopeful Emma will have a sister!!!

Teresa said...

I was thinking you are my hero for putting that pic up of your tummy and what a crazy shot to get, but it did look familiar! Sorry about the cervix-its not impossible yet!

Kitty Brown said...

"The little cervix that could" = truly hilarious at this time of the night (morning?). We're cheering you on as you close in on the end of this pregnancy, and are excited to meet #2!!!